Thursday, February 10, 2011

Duped in the name of All India Radio

Man pays Rs 60,000 for a job, gets conned

An official of All India Radio has allegedly cheated a man of Rs 60,000 on the pretext of providing him a job. Parliament Police is looking into the matter.



The victim, Anand Singh Bisht, met the alleged accused, Dinesh Tiwari, through a common friend. According to his complaint filed at the Parliament Street police station, the accused had promised him a job with All India Radio and asked for Rs 60,000 in cash for this. Anand Singh Bisht has alleged that Dinesh impersonated as an official working with the news-desk of All India Radio.

"Last year I gave him cash for the job of a grade IV employee. He said that director general of All India Radio has finalised my name for the post. I was supposed to get a call on December 3 last year for an interview. When I got no call, Tiwari said he will get me my offer letter," Anand told the police.

"Anand approached the police in the first week of February when he suspected that Dinesh had cheated him to the tune of Rs 60,000," said a police source."I was threatened of dire consequence by Dinesh if I approached the police or asked for my money back," read the complaint filed by Anand. Police has lodged an FIR under section 420 of IPC and matter is being investigated. "No one has been arrested so far. We are looking into the matter," added the official. Police sources said Dinesh indeed works with All India Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment