Thursday, April 14, 2011

Monster mom, lover arrested

Cops arrest monster mom and lover

By: Shiva Devnath
Date:  2011-04-14
Place: Mumbai

Following MiD DAY's report about Khajabi Banu, who  forced her daughter into prostitution at age 13 for money, she has been remanded in judicial custody with boyfriend
The 'monster mom', who forced her 15-year-old daughter to have sex with her boyfriend and other strangers, was arrested by the Kurar police yesterday.
After MiD DAY reported about the incident ('Monster Mother', April 12), cops nabbed Khajabi Banu (40) and her lover Raju Rathod.

Khajabi Banu and her daughter Sabina
They have been charged under sections 232, 354, 34 of the IPC for abetting rape, confirmed Senior Inspector Mohan Sankhe of the Kurar police station.
Cops said that the duo has been incarcerated in the Thane jail, after a brief appearance before a metropolitan magistrate in Borivli last afternoon.
Banu locked her 15-year-old daughter, Sabina (name changed), in a room with a stranger so that she could make quick money to splurge on liquor and entertainment with her boyfriend. Sabina, who is now with her aunt, Samina Khan, in Malvani, narrated her shocking story to MiD DAY.
Her mother, an alcoholic who conspired with Rathod to oust her husband from the house, not only forced Sabina to have sex with Rathod, but others too since the time she was 13.
The girl finally told her aunt the whole story last Sunday when Rathod approached her, as he regularly did, with the intention of having sex with her.
Sabina told MiD DAY, "My mother forced me to work in a rubber company since I was 13 years old. When I would return home, she'd remove my clothes and Raju uncle would force me to have sex with him in front of my mother.
I used to shout and run away, but my mother never cared. She told me that she wanted money from me. She physically assaulted me if I refused. This went on for two years."
She added, "Raju uncle used to molest me all the time and sleep near me. My mother would lock me in a room with Raju uncle and started getting other people to have sex with me. There have been times when I have run away naked from my house."

No comments:

Post a Comment