Monday, May 9, 2011

Mystery over death of 'scared' teenager just three days after she revealed she had a stalker

A pretty blonde teenager has been found dead three days after revealing she had a stalker.
Emily Longley, 17, told friends on Facebook: ‘I have a stalker!’ before adding she had been bombarded by calls from a mystery man who wanted to date her and that she was ‘really scared’.
The student, from Auckland, New Zealand, wrote: ‘Someone just called me. They were like “You don’t know me but I know everything about you”.
Emily Longley
Emily Longley
Tragic: Emily Longley, 17, complained of feeling 'scared' shortly before losing her life
Fears: Emily Longley announced 'I have a stalker' on Facebook just three days before she was found dead
Fears: Emily announced 'I have a stalker' on Facebook just three days before she was found dead
‘He kept asking me out. I hung up and they won’t stop calling.’
‘And I was like “how did you get my number?” and he was like “I’ll tell you when I see you”.'
Emily, who had previously worked at TopShop, was found dead on Saturday morning at home of her former boyfriend.
A spokesman for Dorset police said: 'A 19-year-old man was arrested at the scene in connection with the death. 
'A 17-year-old man was also arrested on Saturday night at another address in Bournemouth. We can confirm that both men were known to the dead girl.
'They have both been released without charge on police bail.'
Emily’s father Mark says his daughter apparently died in her sleep but the cause of her death remains a mystery, the New Zealand Herald reported.
Beach: Emily had just returned from a family holiday in New Zealand
Beach: Emily had just returned from a family holiday in New Zealand
‘It is a huge shock to us, and Caroline [Emily’s mother] and I are going to England to try and find out what happened,’ he said.
‘She was a beautiful girl and full of life, it is so tragic.’
The Brockenhurst College student had just flown back to the UK after enjoying an Easter holiday with her parents in New Zealand. She had been living with a relative in Bournemouth for eight months.
Facebook tributes have been pouring in, with her sister Hanny writing: ‘RIP beautiful big sis xx.’
Her friend Hannah O’Gilvy said: ‘I need her so badly right now and she’s gone. I just wish I could have been there for her. I want her to come back. I wish she didn’t go to England.’
Dorset police have described the death as ‘unexplained’.
Detective Inspector Neil Devoto, Senior Investigating Officer, said: ‘I am appealing for anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or unusual in the area either this morning or during last night, and anyone who has any information regarding this incident, to contact police urgently.’
Tribute: A friend posted this sketch after news of Emily's death was announced
Tribute: A friend posted this sketch after news of Emily's death was announced

No comments:

Post a Comment